20 May How To Replace Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Rear Glass Panel: A Comprehensive Replacement Guide
Do you own a Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra? If the rear glass of your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is cracked or damaged, you can replace it with the help of this guide. This guide is for the(international) model of the Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra. The other models of this Samsung phone have an additional antenna cable sitting on the edge of the midframe. If you have that model, make sure to take care of that antenna cable, as it may get damaged during the replacement process.
When reassembling the device, you’ll need replacement adhesive to reattach components, so buying extra is important. If you do not replace the adhesive seals during the reassembling, your device will function normally but will most likely lose its liquid ingress protection. So, before you start, you have to ensure that you put the adhesive back in the correct way.
This replacement guide is easy and can be done in an hour or so. Just make sure to follow each and every step. You can do it yourself, and if you excel at it, you might help someone in your family or in your friend circle.
Listed below are some tools necessary for you to start the replacement process:
- Heating pad/Heatgun/Hairdryer
- Suction Handle
- Opening Picks
- Isopropyl Alcohol (90% or Greater)
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
Before you start, make sure you have a brand new rear glass panel, to begin with, so you can finish the replacement process simultaneously.
Protip: Leaving your phone without the rear or front glass cover may pose some dangers as it is not advised.
Step 1 Heating The Rear Glass of Samsung Galaxy S21
- To loosen the adhesive underneath the rear glass, prepare the heating pad and apply it for at least three minutes.
- It is also possible to use a hairdryer, heat gun, or hot plate, but make sure not to overheat the phone. Both the display and battery are vulnerable to damage caused by excessive heat.
Step 2 Insert The Opening Pick
- The suction handle should be attached to the bottom edge of the rear glass, as close to the edge as possible.
- There may be situations where the suction handle does not adhere properly if there is a crack in the rear glass. You can try lifting it with strong tape, or you can use superglue to hold the suction handle in place, and then you can proceed as normal.
- The rear glass needs to be lifted with a suction handle in order to create a small gap between the rear glass and the frame.
- You may need to apply a little more heat to soften the adhesive further if you are having trouble creating a gap. Make sure you follow the instructions on the heating pad so that it does not overheat.
- Using the opening pick you created, insert it into the gap you just created.
- In order to slice the adhesive, slide the opening pick to the bottom left corner.
- Keep the opening pick in place to prevent the adhesive from re-sealing when the pick is removed.
Step 3 Slicing The Adhesive
- At the bottom of your phone, you should insert a second opening pick.
- Slice the adhesive with the opening pick by sliding it to the bottom right corner.
- Make sure to leave the opening picks in place to prevent the adhesive from re-sealing.
- If you notice that the adhesive is hard to cut, most likely, it has cooled down. You should heat it for a couple of minutes.
- Place a third opening pick at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- You will need to slide the opening pick along the right edge of your phone to slice the adhesive.
- It would be best to leave the opening pick in the top right corner. if you want to prevent the adhesive from re-sealing.
- To avoid damaging or smearing the camera assembly, when you slice close to the camera assembly, insert only the tip of the opening pick (*4-5 mm) to prevent damaging it.
- The fourth opening pick should be placed under the top right corner of the phone.
- By sliding the opening pick along the top edge of the adhesive, you will be able to slice it.
- In order to prevent the adhesive from re-sealing after the opening pick has been removed. Leave the pick in the top left corner.
- Under the top left corner of the board, insert a fifth opening pick.
- In order to slice the remaining adhesive from the rear glass. Move the opening pick along the left side of the edge.
- In order to avoid damaging the flex cable near the power button. Insert only the tip of the opening pick (* 3-4 mm) when you slice near the power button.
Step 4 Removing The Rear Glass of Samsung Galaxy S21
- Remove the rear glass.
- The adhesive should be applied where necessary after the area has been cleaned with isopropyl alcohol (>90%).
- Put a bit of adhesive or double-sided tape on the new rear glass to secure it in place.
- Apply strong, steady pressure for several minutes after installing the rear glass to ensure a good bond.
Follow these instructions in reverse order to reassemble your device. This replacement guide consists of four major steps, and each step is simple and requires no extra tip or instruction. Once you follow the complete guideline mentioned above, you will be good to go. The guide is made easy so even an inexperienced person can follow. If you still think that this guide is difficult, make sure to find a phone repair near you or, more specifically, a samsung galaxy repair shop near you.
If you have any queries related to cell phone screen replacement, you can contact us, and we would be happy to assist you.